Local Search Activity Comes From Non-Locals

Description of your first forum.
WhatsApp Number

Local Search Activity Comes From Non-Locals

Post by WhatsApp Number »

As summer travel is in full swing, I remember that a lot of local research is done by non-locals. Depending on the vertical, a significant portion of business may come from visitors outside the region, whether long-distance travelers or those visiting neighboring towns for the day. I'm going to use my city, Frisco, Texas, which is an extreme northern suburb of Dallas, as an example for some perspective. Frisco is not like San Francisco, Washington, DC or other destinations that have a much stronger reputation for tourism and travel. According to a 2013 study by the Frisco Convention and Visitors Bureau, the top three reasons for visiting Frisco were business travel, a weekend getaway, and youth sporting events.

Yet that same study found that more than 31,000 out-of-town visitors come to the city and spend $3.9 million every day. But there's more: Visitors outspend locals on categories like food and shopping. Americans for the Colombia WhatsApp Number List Arts reports that non-locals who attend arts events spend more than double what local residents spend. In his survey, the number of accommodations was very low, which would indicate that his comments were mainly from short-term, same-day visitors. Overnight visitors and business travelers are likely to spend even more on food, shopping, transportation, gifts and entertainment. Using this conservative double figure of non-local spending and the ratio of non-local visitors to Frisco residents each day means that, on average, non-local visitor businesses account for a full third of gross food establishment revenues and retail.

Players in the food and beverage industry should expect above-average business volume from non-locals, according to the data. I'm applying these numbers very broadly for illustrative purposes, but I think the point is clear: non-local customers are important and can be a significant part of business. So how should local businesses approach local search strategies for these non-local customers? Below, I look at some trends in how non-local visitors conduct local searches and give seven tips on how to make sure you're doing what you can to get found and attract business from that group of valuable customers.