Analysis of search competitors

Description of your first forum.
WhatsApp Number

Analysis of search competitors

Post by WhatsApp Number »

In my last column here on Search Engine Land, I shared tips and tricks I've learned over the years when it comes to link prospecting. One process for finding link opportunities that I haven't covered is analyzing competitors' backlinks. Competitor analysis is fundamental to creating a link building campaign. You'll learn which tactics secure links for the competition, which pages drive search traffic, anchor text distribution, the competitive landscape and more. A solid competitive analysis provides: niche overview: linking environment, competitive landscape, potential linking opportunities; competitor tactics: sponsorships/partnerships, blogger outreach, affiliate marketing, guest posting, etc. And content analysis: competitor strategies, popular topics and formats, content gaps.

In this article, I'll walk through competitor analysis, using a common example to highlight the important insights you can learn by checking your competitors' backlinks, keywords, and content. My example for this article will be 1Up Box, a monthly subscription box that offers “epic gear for geeks and gamers”. I feel like a bit of a geek/gamer, and I really toyed with the idea Belgium WhatsApp Number List of ​​buying 1Up Box. Of course, they are not customers. Identify search competitors 1Up Box Img Homepage Identifying research competitors is the first step in a competitive analysis. There are several ways to unearth search competitors. I recommend: Loot Crate has a significantly larger backlink profile than the other three, which is likely due to the competitive advantage Loot Crate enjoys by being the first major geek subscription box service on the market. Loot Crate was founded in 2012 against 2013 (Nerd Block) and 2014 (Geek Fuel). Comparing these numbers with 1Up Box's referring domains shows that 1Up Box lags behind (with the exception of Geek Me Box): Loot Crate is the clear winner in search traffic, dominating the search market.

I would communicate this immediately to 1Up Box to set expectations. It would take a strategic and sustained campaign to cultivate a link profile that could rival Loot Crate, Nerd Block, and Geek Fuel. (However, 1Up Box outperforms Geek Me Box in terms of links and organic search traffic.) The good news is that the linking environment of the subscription box niche is quite open and unrestricted, depending on how many links these competitors have. Examine Search Traffic, Keywords, and Pages with SEMrush Competitive analysis should also focus on competitors' strategies and tactics. You don't want to blindly copy your competitors, but if they're securing relevant links for your site, you should consider implementing similar tactics in your own campaign.